- The Brit Awards are infamous for their musical pairings; Robbie joining Sir Tom Jones in 1998 for Make Me Smile (come up and see me) complete with a black leather outfit for Mr Williams is certainly memorable. As was Kylie Minogue & Justin Timberlake for their version of Blondie’s Rapture which certainly made headlines in the coming weeks in 2003. Our particular favourite though has to be the incredible performance of Amy Winehouse and Mark Ronson covering The Zuton’s Valerie in 2008.
- Talking of duets, one pairing that The Brit Awards might want to forget was in 1989 with the hosts Samantha Fox and Mick Fleetwood, who perhaps needed a little more practice before taking on such a big task.
- There are always tales of high jinks in the audience and backstage at The Brit Awards but in 1996 we got to see one ourselves when Jarvis Cocker famously gatecrashed Michael Jackson’s performance of The Earth Song.
- When everything seemed to stop in 2011 when Adele sang Someone Like You. Such an incredibly moving and emotional performance that you could almost hear a pin drop as we all watched in awe as we literally saw Adele being propelled into the stardom she deserves.
- That ‘gasp’ moment when we realised in 2015 that Madonna’s backward tumble down the stairs was not part of her dance choreography, but was due to a wardrobe malfunction when the ties on her cape didn’t come undone. She proved to us though what a true professional she is by getting back up immediately – after all the show must go on.
Good luck to all the nominees and we wait with bated breath to see what highlights the 2016 show will bring. For full details of the awards visit the official Brits Award website.
.. and finally you may be interested to know that we could put on our own version of the Brits with:
- a number of tribute artists who perform Robbie Williams music including; Tony, Andy James, Lee Michael
- Billy Lee – Tom Jones tribute
- Absolute Divas – Kylie Minogue tribute
- Johnny De Niro DJ includes Justin Timberlake in his RnB Smooth Grove Hits playlists
- Boogie Classics Band – authentic soul, funk and disco band ideal for weddings, parties and events who perform music from 1960’s up to the present day including renditions of Amy Winehouse
- The Disco Freak band play tribute to all the great disco tracks including Michael Jackson
- Lareena is our very own Adele and Beth McCann performs her very own Madonna Show (without cape incident)
- .. and if you need a compere for your event we have Dani and Hayley J